401. Taylor Swift – folklore / 07.24.2020 / Indie folk, alternative rock / Such a lovely record from start to finish in every aspect whether it be the lyrics, instrumentals, or vocals.
402: Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers – Damn The Torpedoes / 10.19.1979 / Rock / Tom Petty was very talented by very low key at the same time, and while many other artists around this time were as flamboyant as can be, he figured how to be simple and interesting at the same time.
403. Keith Urban – Golden Road / 10.08.2002 / Country / Although country isn’t my preferred genre of choice, I did find this to be a solid album and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
404. Eisley – I’m Only Dreaming / 02.17.2017 / Indie pop, shoegaze / Such wonderful indie rock, every song is perfect
405. Kacey Musgraves – Same Trailer Different Park / 03/19.2013 / Country / This album is gorgeous in every way.
406. America – America / March 1972 / Folk rock, soft rock / The guitars and melodies on this are so lovely, it makes me feel like I’m sitting at a campfire somewhere out west.
407. Ski Mask The Slump god – Stokeley / 11.30.2018 / Hip hop, trap, trap metal / Very cool beats, cool lyrics and cool vocal delivery.
408. Milky Chance – Blossom / 03.17.2017 / Indie / Parts of this record were very cool but most of it sounds exactly the same. It’s not too interesting.
409. Daryl & Oates – Voices / 07.29.1980 / Synth pop, Pop rock / Catchy and very fun but almost childish and substance-less at times.
410. Toto – Toto / 10.15.1978 / Progressive rock / The best was to describe this record is that it’s a prerequisite to 80’s synth pop, before things got very synth saturated. There are elements of jazz and funk, along with cool guitar pieces and a very fun tone to it all. It still feels fresh all these years later and I don’t anticipate that waning anytime soon.
411. Lil Wayne – Tha Carter III / 06.10.2008 / Hip hop, pop rap / The cool thing about this project is how each song is centered around a certain theme and how well executed each theme is. Very entertaining.
412. Ne-Yo – Year Of The Gentleman / 09.16.2008 / R&B, pop / Very good in terms of singles and very unique to Ne-Yo, when one of his songs starts playing everyone knows it’s him without a doubt.
413. Fall Out Boy – Folie a Deux / 12/10.2008 / Alternative rock / This record is very different than the bands previous material and very dense in terms of tone and content, and it might be one that’s a little difficult to understand. But it’s a masterpiece and needs to be listened to with an open mind.
414. Katy Perry – One Of The Boys / 06.07.2008 / Pop rock / The hit singles from this one are some of the best songs on here but there are also some great pop rock moments that are so much fun, and her voice fits perfectly with this type of music.
415. Pink – Funhouse / 10.24.2008 / Pop rock / Perfectly curated pop rock, each song is fantastic and the project is incredibly cohesive.
416. Panic At The Disco – Pretty. Odd. / 03.31.2008 / Folk rock / Being such a drastic change from the bands debut, I don’t think many expected this album to last very long but it’s still widely recognized to this day. Everything about it is perfect and it feels like a full band effort, really showcasing the talent of the lineup at the time.
417. Estelle – Shine / 03.31.2008 / R&B, hip hop / Very retro feeling, doesn’t feel like it could be easily replicated.
418. Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em – iSouldjaBoyTellem / 12.16.2008 / Hip hop / Great when it comes to the singles, lackluster when it comes to everything else.
419. Britney Spears – Circus / 11.28.2008 / Pop, dance / This deserved a Grammy. Perfect theme execution.
420. T.I. – Paper Trail / 09.30.2008 / Hip hop / This record is held together by pop oriented wannabe hip hop songs and guest features, everything else in between isn’t that great.
421. Jonas Brothers – A Little Bit Longer / 08.12.2008 / Pop rock / A good record.
422. New Kids On The Block – Hangin’ Tough/ 09.06.1988 / Pop, dance pop / If I’m being honest, I was not feeling this at all and I was very disappointed. Some melodies are nice and catchy but for the most part, this was corny and overproduced.
423. NSync – No Strings Attached / 03.21.2000 / Pop, teen pop / The thing that worked best with this album was that even though there are parts of it that are distinctly late 90s/ early 2000s pop, it’s not overly teenager like or immature. The lyrics are nicely put together and the overall sound of it all was quite unique to the band, really feeling like they weren’t just a replica of other boy bands.
424. Backstreet Boys – Millennium / 05.18.1999 / Pop / Some might see this record as just songs for teenagers but it really goes beyond that. I particularly like the way they incorporated real instruments such as various guitar and piano to appeal to various listeners.
425. One Direction – Take Me Home / 11.09.2012 / Pop / I hate saying this but this album really isn’t anything special. I would have liked this a lot more if I had memories associated with it but unfortunately the longevity of this music just isn’t there.
426. New Edition – Home Again / 09.10.1996 / R&B, hip hop, soul / Absolutely fantastic, the way they make the more harmonious and melodic pieces work with more rap/hip hop parts is immaculate. The talent here of all the members is undeniable.
427. 98 Degrees – 98 Degrees And Rising / 10.20.1998 / Pop, R&B, teen pop / Has a definitive 90s pop feel with other influences, some parts sound a but funk inspired while others have amazing instrumental pieces and great vocal harmonies between the members.
428. The Jackson 5 – ABC / 05.08.1970 / Pop, rock, R&B / The entire projects is fantastic from start to finish, each song has such an interesting vibe to it and they’re all slightly different. The record holds up so well even all these years later.
429. Boyz II Men – II / 08.30.1994 / R&B, hip hop, soul / Absolutely fantastic. The production is immaculate and their voices are lovely.
430. BTS – Love Yourself: Tear / 05.18.2018 / K-pop / This was my first time listening to K-pop and now I fully understand the hype. This was great.
431. Little Mix – Glory Days / 11.18.2016 / Dance pop, R&B / Oversaturated in production yet feels like it’s going nowhere most of the time. There were a few standout songs but nothing else really stood out to me.
432. Danity Kane – Welcome To The Dollhouse / 03.18.2008 / Dance pop, R&B / Feels outdated at times but overall this was such a wonderful dance pop record. It’s never too heavy or corny and is just a fun record to jam out to.
433. The Pussycat Dolls – PCD / 09.12.2005 / Dance pop, R&B / Never gets old. Iconic.
434. Fifth Harmony – 7/27 / 05.27.2016 / Pop, R&B / One of the worst albums I’ve ever heard.
435. Dream – It Was All A Dream / 01.23.2001 / Teen pop, dance pop / Early 2000’s pop was some of the best out there and this is a prime example. It’s a shame the group only released one record.
436. Destiny’s Child – The Writing’s On The Wall / 06.27.1999 / This record was perfectly of its time but sounds so ahead of its time in some aspects as well. The theme and concept is so perfectly executed and their vocals sound amazing together.
437. TLC – Fanmail / 02.23.199 / hip hop, soul, R&B / This record is absolutely fantastic. It’s best to listen to it as one cohesive project instead of songs individually.
438. Bananarama – Bananarama / 04.21.1984 / pop, new wave / This is a classic from the times, I can practically feel the teased hair and glittery bright makeup oozing out of it.
439. The Supremes – Meet The Supremes / 12.09.1962 / pop, doo wop, R&B / 1960’s pop, R&B has a very distinct feel to it and even though his record is built off of that feel, other embellishments and tones keep it feeling fresh and unique.
440. The Spice Girls – Spice / 09.19.1996 / pop, dance pop / If felt like this was genuinely a great album and it definitely deserved the praise it got but I also found it to be messy in terms of production. It didn’t seem centered around a certain theme and it felt like there was a lot going on at certain parts.
441. Denzel Curry – Ta13oo / 07.27.2018 / hip hop / Lyrical and vocal delivery was amazing, along with the production. Everything about this record was so cool.
442. Flo Rida – Wild Ones / 07.03.2012 / hip hop, dance / This was actually a lot of fun, definitely music from the times but I enjoyed it.
443. Young Thug – Slime Season 3 / 03.25.2016 / hip hop, trap / The production and beats on this are so cool, and this was genuinely a lot of fun to listen to.
444. Forever The Sickest Kids – Underdog Alma Mater / 04.29.2008 / pop punk, neon pop / Nobody did neon pop better than FTSK. That’s a fact.
445. Maroon 5 – Songs About Jane / 06.25.2002 / funk rock, alt rock / When the band first started, they had such a unique blend of funk an jazz, mixed with an alternative rock base and pop melodies. Everything about this was perfect, the singles were very well picked, Adam Leven’s vocals sound wonderful and I really wish they would do something like this again.
446. Maroon 5 – It Won’t Be Soon Before Long / 05.22.2007 / electro funk, pop rock / Similar to their previous album just with more of a retro pop feel to it. There are very nice pieces to all of the songs and it was a pretty solid body of work.
447. Maroon 5 – Hands All Over / 09.21.2010 / pop, funk pop / Although being an even bigger departure from their original sound, this record was interesting and each song really had a lot to offer.
448. Maroon 5 – Overexposed / 06.26.2012 / pop, pop rock / The lyrics here are horrible and it feels very unoriginal.
449. Maroon 5 – V / 08.29.2014 / pop, electro / I really dislike the singles from this record but everything else is actually pretty solid, it’s made up of a smooth 80s feel and it’s very well done compared to their previous record.
450. Maroon 5 – Red Pill Blues / 11.03.2017 / pop, R&B, soft rock / A very good portion of this record is enjoyable, even though I again heavily dislike the singles.
451. Jessica Simpson – Sweet Kisses / 11.09.1999 / Teen pop, dance pop / I find this project to be way ahead of its targeted age group and while the more dance pop oriented songs are a bit forgettable, the ballads are what really solidifies this album.
452. Jessica Simpson – Irresistible / 05.25.2001 / Teen pop, R&B, pop / Not much different than her debut, just with more R&B tinged and heavier background vocals.
453. Jessica Simpson – In This Skin / 08.19.2003 / Pop, R&B / This is a pretty solid selection of songs, they’re a lot more rock feeling in some spots with was actually super cool. There are small pieces of funk, indie, and alt rock, and it’s easy to say this is her best work leading up to this point.
454. Jessica Simpson – A Public Affair / 08.26.2006 / Pop / This record was not meant to be made in the mid 2006s, it has such a cool 70s disco and acoustic vibe going on and was way ahead of it’s time. Organization of the track list could have been a little better but I think people just weren’t ready for something like at the time.
455. Jessica Simpson – Do You Know / 09.09.2008 / Country pop / This sounds like anyone could have made it.
456. Ashlee Simpson – Autobiography / 07.20.2004 / Pop rock / This was one of the most unoriginal albums I have ever listened to. The singles are nice but the rest is so boring.
457. Ashlee Simpson – I Am Me / 10.18.2005 / Pop rock / Kind of the same as her debut, the singles are the best songs on the record.
458. Ashlee Simpson – Bittersweet World / 04.19.2008 / Electronic, pop rock / Very cool and retro inspired, well done production and nice vocals.
459. The Neighbourhood – Chip Chrome & the Mono-Tones / 09.25.2020 / Alternative rock / This band is constantly changing and this record is something much different than anything they’ve done before. It’s a very cool blend of alt rock with experimental undertones and different feelings for each song. This project is truly very unique.
460. Arctic Monkeys – Favourite Worst Nightmare / 04.23.2007 / Indie rock / A lot more compact and melodically focused than their debut, the vocals and guitars are just so nice to listen to and the lyrics are so well done.
461. Arctic Monkeys – Humbug / 08.19.2009 / Hard rock, stoner rock / Darker in tone than their previous work and very mysterious, I understand why this was a shock to the fanbase, however, I found it to be very cohesive and enjoyable.
462. Arctic Monkeys – Suck It And See / 06.06.2011 / Pop rock, indie rock / In contrast to how dark Humbug was, this album was very light and retro feeling. The theme of the record is nicely executed and there are certain songs that feel like they could fit on their next album, which creates a cool transition through eras.
463. Arctic Monkeys – AM / 09.09.2013 / Indie rock / It’s really interesting to listen to the band’s albums back to back because this record is the peak of it all. This cohesively combines all of their previous sounds and albums into one project and from this point on, the group can go in whatever direction they desire.
464. The 1975 – Notes On A Conditional Form / 05.22.2020 / Pop, rock / I hated this.
465. Lil Skies – Shelby / 02.28.2019 / Hip hop, emo rap / I expected this to be just like other modern day rappers but I found it to be very well done. Skies manages to distinguish himself from other rappers through his lyrics, flows and production.
466. Quinn XCII – A Letter To My Younger Self / 07.10.2020 / Indie / Not great, but not necessarily horrible either. Just doesn’t have any defining characteristics.
467. IDK HOW – RAZZMATAZZ / 10.23.2020 / Indie pop, new wave / This sounds like a mix of the Arctic Monkeys and The Killers and I love every minute of it.
468. Mariah Carey – Merry Christmas / 10.28.1994 / Christmas / This has aged so well over the years, it’s really no wonder why it’s regarded as one of the best holiday alums of all time.
469. Nsync – Home For Christmas / 11.10.1998 / Christmas / I hate saying it, but this did not live up to my expectations. They didn’t make many of the songs their own, and they weren’t very exciting besides maybe two of them.
470. Kacey Musgraves – A Very Kacey Christmas / 10.28.2016 / Christmas / Very retro inspired and cool.
471. Christina Aguilera – My Kind of Christmas/ 10.24.2000 / Christmas / This sounds so incredibly outdated in production but it was so dance-y and fun, really gets you excited for the holidays.
472. Barbara Streisand – A Christmas Album / 10.16.1967 / Christmas / Absolutely gorgeous.
473. Various Artists – Punk goes Christmas / 11.05.2013 / Christmas, pop punk / Each one of these songs is made up of a different type of pop punk and listening to this was super cool because it was like a little time travel between all the different types of pop punk during the past thirty years, all in Christmas theme.
474. Justin Bieber – Under The Mistletoe / 11.01.2011 / Christmas / Sounds like 2011 but this was actually quite enjoyable.
475. The Maine – …And A Happy New Year EP / 12.09.2008 / Pop punk, acoustic rock / Even though this is just an EP, all of these songs are perfect.
476. Ariana Grande – Christmas and Chill EP / 12.18.2015 / Christmas, R&B / I wish this was a full length, this EP deserves more.
477. Various Artists – Christmas On Death Row / 12.03.1996 / Christmas, gangsta rap / I expected this to be very 90s hip hop feeling but it leans heavily on the R&B side of things and it is absolutely wonderful, song in and song out.
478. Michael Buble – Christmas / 10.21.2011 / Christmas / Sounds exactly like you would expect it to.
479. Cee Lo Green – Cee Lo’s Magic Moment / 10.29.2012 / Christmas, soul / Fantastic holiday album.
480. The Beach Boys – A Beach Boys Christmas Album / 11.09.1964 / Christmas / There so many cool influences on here that the group managed to build into their 60s pop sound.
481. Snoop Dogg – Christmas In Tha Dogghouse / 12.16.2008 / West coast hip hop / I had high expectations but even though this album was well written, when it comes to production each song is built off of the same formula and it becomes very boring, very quickly.
482. Jackson 5 – Jackson 5 Christmas Album / 10.15.1970 / Christmas, R&B / Definitely a product of the times but such a wonderful collection of songs for the holidays.
483. Kelly Clarkson – Wrapped In Red / 10.25.2013 / Christmas / Very boring.
484. Boyz II Men – Christmas Interpretations / 10.05.1993 / R&B, soul, Christmas / Production was very minimal but that really allowed the music to shine through their vocals.
485. Aly & AJ – Insominatic/ 07.10.2007 / Electrorock / Very mature and impeccably produced, really doesn’t sound like something from 2007. Such a great pop rock album.
486. Jesse McCartney – Beautiful Soul / 09.28.2004 / Pop rock, R&B / Very low key and VERY 2004, it doesn’t sound like they tried too hard but it makes me wonder if they tried enough. It’s a little bland at times.
487. Jesse McCartney – Right Where You Want Me / 09.19.2006 / Pop rock, pop / A huge step up from his first studio album, the production here is amazing.
488. Jesse McCartney – Departure / 05.20.2008 / R&B, electropop / Most of this album is cookie cutter R&B and there are moments that are so overproduced it doesn’t even sound like Jesse McCartney at all.
489. Jesse McCartney – In Technicolor / 07.22.2014 / R&B, disco, funk / This is perfect, so fun and cool, and very ahead of its time with nice disco inspirations and a funky feel.
490. Stand Atlantic – Skinny Dipping / 10.26.2018 / Pop punk / Kind of comes off as basic pop punk at times but there are a handful of songs that stand out. This group has a lot of potential.
491. Machine Gun Kelly – Tickets To My Downfall / 09.25.2020 / Pop punk / This wasn’t worth the listen.
492. Britney Spears – Oops!…I Did It Again / 05.16.2000 / Pop, dance pop / Although this is just labeled as a “pop” album, if you listen closely there are so many other influences and cool pieces that make it so much more than just that.
493. Miley Cyrus – Breakout / 07.22.2008 / Pop rock / The production and lyrics here are so well done and although it’s clearly from a certain point in time, it’s still incredibly listenable to this day. Miley’s vocals are so powerful considering how young she was and the project has a lot to offer considering how many other things she was working on at the time.
494. Miley Cyrus – Can’t Be Tamed / 06.18.2010 / Dance pop / This album is the perfect bridge between later 2000s pop rock and early 2010s electronic and I find that it does not get enough recognition.
495. Miley Cyrus – Plastic Hearts / 11.27.2020 / Rock / Miley took these old rock inspirations and really made them her own, this project is undeniably some of her best, most cohesive, and most interesting work.
496. Miley Cyrus – She Is Coming / 05.31.2019 / Pop / Every song on here is perfect.
497. Miley Cyrus – The Time Of Our Lives / 08.28.2009 / Pop rock / The only good songs are the singles, the rest sound like scrapped songs from Breakout.